Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine Goodie Can


I have a lot of empty cans. Hot chocolate, cocoa, peanuts, cashews - I guess we went through a lot of this stuff during the holidays. I didn't want to throw them out, but since they were stacking up I thought I should actually do something with them.


I save these cardboard cans because of the lids on them. I rinse them out with water and dry them with a paper towel. You don't want to immerse them in water because they are cardboard. 


Scrapbook paper is a lovely thing isn't it? I measured the can and cut the paper to size. I glued the paper to the can, tied a ribbon around it, added a tag and there you have it. I did cut out a circle to go on the lid with the same pattern paper but I forgot to take a picture of that.


I like this cocoa can with the tin top. I definitely needed the pattern paper circle on it as it had some glue residue left from some tape that secured its contents.


So save up your cardboard cans and get out your scrapbook paper! I am going to start saving tins for Easter, Halloween, Christmas. Fill them up with candies or cookies and they make a lovely little gift.

Thanks for looking!

I have linked up to these parties....

lil luna link party button

Photobucket


1 comment: