Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ForeFathers Specimen Art


I have wanted to somehow have pictures of all the Father's in my family displayed around Father's Day, and I finally figured out how - specimen art. I am fortunate to have quite a few pictures of the Dad's in my family and so this was perfect. I found a graphic called
I gathered all my pics and got to work sizing them on my computer and adjusting the sizes to fit the different frames I had. With a couple family lines I had three generations of men so I put them in the same frame with a surname tag.



I love these pictures. My grandfather is on the bottom, his father above him and his grandfather diagonal to him. With the surname tag I found some leaf clip art to give it a family tree theme. 


This is my grandmothers family. Her dad is in the top left corner, his dad beneath him and his dad beside. I did type their names on the picture - but you can't see it very good in these pictures as they are a small font. 


My hubbies family does not have many pictures. I put my father in law in the frame, but the two other men are my hubbies mom's family - so for the label I put "Ken's Family". I had a linen board from a frame that I used on the Italian Roots art specimen - but I didn't have more - so I downloaded a
linen digital paper from Graphics Fairy 
for my other art pieces. 


The same goes for my dad's family, I only had a picture of my dad and his - but I had a picture of my grandmother's father. The common theme here is Italian roots - so that was the title I gave this piece. 

I love family history. When I do things like this I feel a closer connection to those who have passed on. Father's Day is a great reason to get those old pictures out and celebrate all the father's in your family.

Check out my "Dad's Day" page for some more Father's Day ideas.




Photobucket


Linking up to...
UndertheTableandDreaming
Get Your Craft On
Tip Junkie handmade projects



lil luna link party button





2 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to show your roots! I love projects that are meaningful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete