Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gingerbread Skeleton Man Cookies


I saw this really good idea on Pinterest - gingerbread men that were iced like skeletons. Gingerbread cookies are one of my favorite cookies. The secret I think to good gingerbread is to not cook them that long. The longest time I leave my cookies in the oven for is six minutes - but it does depend on how thick they are. Click here for my gingerbread cookie recipe - and the royal icing recipe.

My icing is something that needs to be improved upon - but I basically strived to make a bone shape in each arm and leg - an anchor like piping for the ribs, and then the skull. My icing could have used a bit more sugar to thicken as it spread a bit after I piped it - but I got the hang of icing after a while. The first few were really creepy looking - but hey - they are for Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love these!!! new follower!!

    Lexi
    http://cupcakedaydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making these this weekend! So cute! I've seen them around blog land and Pinterest too. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look FABULOUS - am definitely going to try these with the kids.
    Visiting from Whipperberry.
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete