Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Candy Bouquet


Hello! Welcome to my blog!
A new craft passion of mine has been making candy bouquets. With Easter coming up, I knew this project would be a lot of fun with the variety of candy available, and of course the lovely colors that go with this season. 
I have been using empty bean cans for my bases as they are frugal and I love to creatively recycle. I prepare the base by putting a few rocks in the bottom of the can and I pour some plaster over them to secure. Then I glue a styrofoam ball on top of the dried plaster. I added grass to fill the can. Then I added prepared skewers to the styrofoam ball, rearranging them until I got the look I wanted.


Click HERE to see the candy bouquet I made for Valentine's Day.


The phrase and the chocolate bunnies were cut out with a Cricut using the Create a Critter cartridge.
I am going to have to make a few more of these. They are fun to make and even more fun to give away. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments: