Sunday, May 17, 2015

Infuse Joy Into Your Soul


Hello! Welcome to my blog! This quote art is inspired by a verse in the Book of Mormon, Alma 19:6. This scripture is one that touches my heart as I desire to infuse joy into my soul. 

There are many differing opinions out there on how to find joy. I believe as Ezra Taft Benson had noted, "Men may deceive each other, but God does not deceive man." I think this scripture has the real definition of joy in it.


Doesn't it make sense that living a lie, living under a deception, or darkness as described here would bring a darkness into one's life? When that deception or darkness is dispelled, truth is found, or in other words light, one's soul would be lit up with that new found understanding. In Doctrine and Covenants 84 it says whatsoever is truth is light, whatsoever is light is Spirit. In John chapter 8 Jesus talks about those who believe on Him and in His word, then are we His disciples. "And ye shall know the truth and the truth make you free." The Jews were confused and said they "were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?" Jesus answered them...Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (John 8:31-34) Truth sets us free because it exposes those things that bring misery to our lives. Those things that bring misery to our lives our glamorized these days. Isaiah speaks of those that "call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20 
Misery will abound until light or truth abides in our lives, so why not seek for truth from the One who  is the Source of truth and infuse your soul with joy?

I was invited quite a few years ago to read The Book of Mormon. I did not want to read it as I had heard a lot against it.  Some people told me that it was a replacement for the Bible and I did not like that. Then I realized I had heard a lot of positive things about the book as well. I was told that it was another testament of Jesus Christ. I was told it was a record of a people who lived on this continent who were brought here by the hand of God and that it is a record that was prepared for the wise purpose of preparing the world for the second coming of Jesus Christ. I decided that I would read the book, not because I believed it, but because if there was any truth to what these people were saying, I had better find out. I did read it and I did pray to God to know if it was true as I didn't want my decision to be persuaded by any man. I am sharing this because I did receive an answer to my prayers and I invite you to find out for yourself too. 
You can download the Book of Mormon app by clicking HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment